
Protractor
What is normally abundant in stores all across America becomes evasive and eludes the school shopping Mom. I do believe that some sick Math and/or Science teacher goes along the stores all summer long purchasing every single protractor and compass on the shelves. And, he or she is laughing that strange weird laugh that Pink Floyd laughs during their song "Brain Damage".
The lunatic is in my head....Ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha.....!
The lunatic is in my head....Ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha.....!
My daughter and I saw other classmates with their Mom's struggling from store to store this evening also searching for the all elusive protractor. We got the last compass at Staples. Needed was a spiral sketchbook diary and a protractor. Staples had neither. Wal-Mart had neither. Driving home wondering if I had any stashed in my endless supply of "stuff" I decided to turn up the road to Rite Aid. Twenty minutes before closing time. We found the spiral sketchbook, but the hanging stem for protractors remained empty. Sigh. We moved toward the checkout counter. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another aisle with folders. I turned. Hanging were two protractors. Buy one get one free. I grabbed them ($1.99 total) and told my daughter to sell the spare one to the highest bidder tomorrow. LOL!
1 comment:
Smart Lady! Sometimes I see them at Michael's or A. C. Moore but I would bet me sneakers that they aren't $1.99 there! Glad that you found everything. We haven't started school yet, and I dread what the eigth grader will come home with for a supply list! I bought the basics, and had basic lists for the 6th grader and the Kindergardener, and added a few things in there for the oldest.
Post a Comment