Green dragon fly in Sherrodsville, Ohio - Carroll county. Another blogger posted theirs and I remembered mine.
I just said the heck with it and sat up and am posting. Some days you just can't win.
Well, I am not laughing today. My headache managed to go away for two hours this afternoon. I had taken two Advil. The school had their hall doors open and the breeze was very pleasant. I thought to myself "Ahhh, the cold front must have finally moved into the area."
It was a short reprieve. The headache came roaring back. Only this time it was gone from the back of my head and moved to it's usual place. Behind my left eyeball. Sunglasses back on. I broke down and took a migraine pill at 4:15. I went to the grocery store. I began to feel much better. I bought some much needed supplies.
I brought the groceries home and fixed my daughter and I a vegetable pizza and chicken salad on fresh croissants. We drank milk with our meal. I choked on my milk and took a coughing fit. That was all my head needed. Right back to the throbbing. I threw my food and plate in the sink and tried to lay down. The coughing had loosened up everything in my head and I kept on coughing for about twenty minutes.
I just said the heck with it and sat up and am posting. Some days you just can't win.
3 comments:
Finally catching up on reading your blog. I used to get semi-migraines (not quite as bad as yours) and the only thing that helped was resting or sleeping in a darkened room with no noise whatsoever. I started going to a chiropractor in the early 90's and after a bunch of visits over many weeks, those pesky headaches went away. I haven't had even a minor headache since. I do so hope you can find a way to get rid of yours too.
Thanks, Cheyenne. I may look into a chiro. if my insurance will cover it. For the past six years or so, the migraine medicine has been taking care of it. I don't know what is going on with this one.
My brother would get massages, but that became too costly. I have two sisters, one brother and two nephews who suffer from migraines also. My father did, as did my maternal great-grandmother.
I don't suppose they diagnosed the headaches as migraines for my maternal great-grandmother, but my Mom said she used to tie a bandana real tight around her head in an attempt to stop the pain. So, it sort of sounds like a throbbing type of headache, at least.
I get those debilitating migrane like headaches on a semi regular(about every two months or so) basis. I don't get them as awful as youdo, but I too find that the cold cloths and the sunglasses help. When I was pregnant with my second child, I used to get nauseous too. I hope that you find a way to "cure" these ones, I am sorry that you are in pain. If I had a remedy, I would let you know.
Post a Comment