Monday, August 07, 2006

Backpedalling


An Amish house

Don't be mislead by the stories you read about how austere the Amish life is. Even the movie Witness was pretty plain. The Amish houses I see are darn pretty. They are great at landscaping around these parts. Notice the solar panels on top of the roof. Many have trampolines and basketball hoops. No electric lines running to the house, but I have seen a few mowing their grass with lawn mowers.

Well, the jig is up. Checking my stats today I found that a family member read my blog. Or a future family member. Sigh. I guess I may have been fooling myself thinking I could remain anonymous. Of course, some of them could have been reading it all along, but I have watched my stats pretty close. I compare them to my stats on my photo web page and yep. There it was. I hurried back a month or two and re-read my entries hoping beyond hope that I didn't say anything to offend. I may have in one post. Re-sigh.

That will taint what I say here, although I have been being very careful. You know how you aren't supposed to talk about work and co-workers.

So, here's to blogging. I imagine that somebody somewhere has typed up a blogging etiquette. Like never blog while drinking, or never blog in anger. How about: Never blog when driving? LOL. Okay, that last one was a joke. But seriously. Now, I will have to check my stats daily to see if they return.

I imagine my niece and nephew have returned from Spain. She has some great photos on her photo blog from the journey. She mentioned that it was hot, hot, hot over there. The pictures remind me of a dry, desert region.

You know, just as a side note. Don't you wish that the dictionary used here to check spelling would add the word "blog" ? I keep clicking Learn. Maybe it will stick this time.

No comments: