Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Looking over to my right


Peru in her (his?) cage.

When I post my blog, I sit at my desk in my room. If I look over to my right (in front of one window) I see my bird in her (his) cage. Whatever IT is. Sometimes I have to cover the poor thing because IT won't stop chirping. Sometimes covering doesn't stop it.

I stopped at the farmer's market tonight. Sweet corn, green beans, tomatoes and canteloupe. I fixed the first three along with mushroom hamburger steak. I even got a compliment from my daughter. (although she did mention that I should have fixed mashed potatoes - good grief!).

My nephew is always appreciative, but my daughter rarely says that any food is good. I'll cut up the canteloupe later. I have to be careful because I can eat the entire thing. And then boy do I get heartburn. I add some salt but I suppose like a green pepper it just really messes with my stomach. If it is to the point where it melts in my mouth I have to be especially careful. I will have the entire fruit gone before I realize it. Then I start looking for my rolaids chewables.

The custodian and I have been talking up a storm at work the past two mornings. It is as if we are both sorry that we disagreed with one another. He is so polite and funny.

I also bought some aluminum sulfate for my (rusty) hydrangeas. The garden center told me to add it after it cools down tonight so I don't scorch them. I already figured that. I am to look for a fungus also.

It is just too hot to mow the grass. It is going to have to wait until the end of the week.

Do you know anybody who drives a Pontiac Grand Am? My sister has a 2000 model and the gas pedal stuck on her yesterday. Scary! I looked up recalls on the Internet and it talked about the gas pedal sticking in hot (ambient?) weather on the 2003 models, but I told her to tell the dealer that they should fix it for free since it was a big thing for the '03 model. She later told me that when they called, the dealer told them they were aware of a problem and to bring it in.

Ambient means surrounding, encircling. I guess they mean hot conditions.

So, when were they going to inform the purchasers of the '00 cars? After so many accidents? Be careful out there. In this heat things are starting to stick all over the place. Gumming up, I suppose.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Heartburn from cantaloupe? That's a new one for me. I love cantaloupe, but didn't start eating it until I was in my early 40's. I don't like watermelon though.
About the Grand Am: our '97 truck had a problem with the front axle where we became disabled and had to be towed. THEN we got a recall. They wouldn't fix it free either. We just got rid of that truck so nor more problems.

Peruby said...

peppermint patties are another trigger. I have to be careful with them, also.

Yeah, cantaloupe. Here I was thinking how good it was for me and I could eat as much as I wanted. Wrong! It took me a while to figure out that cantaloupe was the culprit, since it would never have occurred to me, either. :(

I can eat it, I just have to be careful not to eat too much.