Thursday, August 17, 2006

My precious eyes


That beautiful sunset last evening.

Here is that sunset I was trying to catch while walking the dogs at the park yesterday. Or, should I say dog and a half? LOL! What she lacks in size, she more than makes up for in energy. Good golly that dog can scamper.

My daughter told me the other day the pooches were out playing while she washed her bike and they found the bees underneath the back porch. The little one took off like a rocket, but Sable got stung a couple of times.

When I came home from work, Sable was rolling around on the living room floor playing with her little stuffed toy. She was fine. I didn't know if she might be allergic or not. She has never been stung before that I know of.

I read today that looking at the sun (even through a camera lens) can damage your eyes permanently. Yikes! I have been taking pics of the sun for a few years now. I think I better talk to my doctor or optometrist about this.

I made my first ever trip to Aldi's today. I never went before because I thought it was a place where you purchase in bulk amounts. I told my daughter "You have to go with me the next time! It is so cool. You put a quarter in to get a buggy and you get it back when you are done! You pick up empty boxes as you shop so you have something to place your stuff in." I probably looked a bit giddy. Of course I bought more than I planned. I was looking for coffee. I didn't purchase any there. I don't experiment when it comes to something as important as my morning coffee.

I tried a few different items. If we don't like them, I just won't buy them again. I guess they are cheaper, but if I catch the name brand stuff on sale - it looks like the same price. I also joined Sam's club this year. I went once so far. It is about 40 miles away where Aldi's is just a few miles.

Then we went school shopping. Two pairs of jeans, two hooded jackets and a tee shirt. (Previously we purchased a bunch of tee's). One pair of very expensive shoes and some underwear. New perfume. I hesitated on the shoes. I made my daughter go in every shoe store in the mall to see if she couldn't find another pair that she liked just as well for less money.

She turned her nose up at all the shoes. Her mind was set. Sigh. We saved some on the hooded jackets so maybe it all evens out. I would like her to purchase more jeans. She still has some old pairs from last year that she can wear. In my book you can't have enough jeans. I always like for her to have one outfit of dress pants and a nice shirt with nice shoes. Not this year. Nothing doing.

But... but! We get to purchase a dress! A dress! I am so-o-o excited. We have a wedding coming up and she actually wants to wear a dress with high heels. Oooohh! Squirming in my seat. Heels! She has never worn heels. This should be funny. I'll bet they come off after the first hour at the reception. Ha! Ha!

The bachelorette party is Saturday. Now, it has been a while since I have participated in a wedding. My friends that were going to get married all GOT married twenty-some years ago. My sisters also all got married thirty-some years ago. My niece married a couple of years ago, but did not have a party beforehand.

I am a little rusty on the bachelorette party. The guys are going to Canada on the 25th for their doings. Canada? I am going to try to find out why this week-end. Gambling? Special bars? Maybe I don't want to know. LOL!

A shot in each bar as we barhop? I don't plan to drink because I have to come home and answer to a fifteen-year-old. The party is about sixty miles away from my house. Now in my day the most risque thing we did was give the bride-to-be a teddy (or a naughty nightie as we used to call them). Today it probably comes close to those sex toy parties you have either gone to or heard about. Personally, I have a great time at those get-togethers. Hmmm. Should be interesting.

We finished up the evening with the Chinese buffet. I dropped her off at the Park so she could spend time with her friends and I came home. Opened the mailbox and there was a bonus check from work that covered every penny I spent today with $50 to spare. Wow. You can't beat that!

1 comment:

Miki said...

Peruby, have a blast at the Bachlorette Party! Glad that yoiu did some school shopping, we haven't done any! And we have 3 giong to school this year! I know that the boys have some things that they can recycle from last year, and will, and the little girl will wear some of her summer stuff, but has grown so much that nothing fits from last year! Oh well, soon, soon soon...