Saturday, January 01, 2011

What do I expect?

What could I even expect to happen on  a New Years holiday from a family plagued by alcoholism? I try to distance myself but family is family. Sigh. There are no happy endings with alcohol. 

A lot of children of alcoholics become "passive aggressive". Or perhaps a Manic - depressive disorder. Any behavior problem. You name it we probably have it. If we are not one, we married one. Sigh.

It is a sick, sick person who lives to create havoc and chaos in others' lives because they do not like themselves or their own lives. 

Like a tornado, they leave a path of destruction and debris in their wake while they high-tail it back out of Dodge. You can't really  just go and punch them in the face or begin choking them. Confronting them does not help. They claim that they did not say those things. They deny even being there.

They will be on their best behavior for months maybe even years - until the next tornado strikes. Usually disguised in a bottle of whiskey.

Just so you know. These sick-o's do not dare try to mess with me. They did attempt to mess with my daughter once and I let them know in no uncertain terms (when they sobered up) that it better not happen again. No, they pick on the vulnerable and thin-skinned ones. The sweet (wouldn't harm a fly) family members. 

Yeah. Time to open up another can of whoop-ass? Maybe so.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

The only time alcohol was served in our house was at Christmas or New Years when my parents gave it to a neighbor who expected his annual drink.

I like a semi-sweet wine and that is all I drink on occasion. And then it's only 4 ounces per day with my evening meal, if I remember.

I can't remember a single family member ever having a drinking problem.