Monday, January 10, 2011

The style back then

This picture is titled 'Easter 1941'. 

I always enjoy looking to see what people wore in a different decade and how they wore their hair, etc... That is why I was such a stickler for 'True Grit' to be kosher and in some places it fell short.

This photo shows my mother and father. My father, of course, is the man in the middle. My mother is on the far right. Her aunt is on the left and I would believe that is her aunt's son (my mother's first cousin) in front of my mother.

My maternal grandmother passed when my mother was ten years old and I think a couple of her sisters tried to help 'mother' my mother as she grew up. She was pretty close to two of them.

A year after this photo was taken my mother would have her first of eight children.

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

Old photos like this must be preserved by families. I write identifications on the backs of mine for future generations who never knew these people.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those old black and white photos. Even before the digital age became common in the photography business, you couldn't get development this great. What you got is some degree of gray, even from professional labs.