Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brown beans with pork and cornbread

I may not like Boston Baked Beans (candy) but I love brown (pinto) beans with boneless pork ribs and served hot with sweet cornbread. I take pics of this dish to send to and tease my siblings. For some reason none of them make this dish. They claim to love it, but I guess they ate it far too often when they were young to bring themselves to make it.

Being the youngest, I was probably exposed less to this money-saving dish. Sister 1944 said that she had this every Thursday night for years.

I fix it about once every three months. This picture is about two weeks old. I sent leftovers home with my nephew to give to his mom (sister 1954).

I saved this one in the large format if you want to bigify it. Yum!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

While I have never eaten it quite this way...usually separately with honey and butter on the cornbread, I do like beans and cornbread.

Cheyenne said...

That dish looks yummy. I always make my boneless pork ribs in onions and BBQ sauce (hickory smoked) without beans.

In answer to your question, both of us get a flu shot every year. I think stomach flu is a different strain from what the regular flu shot protects.