The change was made. A snow storm hit. All schools closed. I knew there would be folks still working, so I trudged off to the office. I think I almost gave the custodian a heart attack. He certainly was not expecting anybody to be coming into the office. He was getting ready to leave.
It was very quiet in the office with only myself but after a couple of hours, there were folks out there in my network land. I made a few calls. I had end users test a few things. All seemed to be working well until I got the phone call that things were not. It was a testing site and they did not have the time for me to try a work around, so I changed the setting back. Oh, well. We would go with it another day.
Still. She called. The one I figured would. The one I had trouble with when I gave the alert that I was going to make this change. The naysayer. She had said "This NEVER works! You people have tried to change this before and all it does is mess me up!" I guess she has forgotten the reason she is in her position is for the better development of our children. She can't think beyond her own needs.
I let her rant a bit and then explained to her that I had to change the setting back - so things were as they were before. She was still in a tiff. She bristled and told me that her computer was not working, blah, blah, blah. I pointed her to her own tech support and ended the call.
Yep. I called that one.
It all ended well, though. I figured out a solution for the testing site and I changed the setting back to the way I want it. Today brings a new day and I am ready to face the new challenges. Bring it.

2 comments:
When computers go down they make us crazy. Yelling at the computers only helps for a little while. Then you need to yell at a live person. But when they are working like a dream, how many people call to thank you. Hmm. I may send an an positive email to the County's IT folks today. Unless, of course, my email is down.
I feel for you....
Post a Comment