Thursday, January 27, 2011

Teaberry gum

Oh, I loved this gum! I recall it being 5¢ and then possibly 7¢. I don't think you can find it for 25¢ anymore. I'm not real sure I can open it and chew it. I may just keep it forever with everything else in the box and take a walk down memory lane now and again.

4 comments:

betty said...

I have been enjoying your Sixties box. I remember many things, especially the lips, but I haven' seen Teaberry gum. Was it a regional produce, or did I just miss it?

Tabor said...

I also do not remember the gum. But I grew up out in Colorado...so it couldn't have been too regional unless it was from the EAst Coast.

Peruby said...

Betty and Tabor - I placed a link to the gum history on the words "this gum". It will take you to Wikipedia.

It says the Clark company was based in Buffalo NY, but the gum was made in Mexico.

The fun part was the commercials featured Herb Albert and his Tijuana brass music and the gum chewer performing the Teaberry/Mexican shuffle.

The link takes you to a youtube video to see a couple of the old commercials from that era.

Kim Carney said...

I love that gum and remember all of these goodies? what fun