
Sob. What went wrong?
I follow the recipe on the Nestles chocolate chip bag. Maybe I shouldn't. My chocolate chip cookies come out flat. I need to research this on the web. They get hard quick this way. I will have to seal them up with some soft white bread. That will do the trick. Yum.
I baked the cookies this morning. My manager called at 7:30 to say that the office is closed. Forget the meeting. Problem is, he called at 11 p.m. last night. I was in a beautiful deep sleep. My daughter was too. I had wrapped my elbow and arm snuggly in the heating pad, turned it up on high and had drifted off into one of the most peaceful sleeps. I was so scared it was a relative calling about a loved one. Since my brother's MIL just passed, death is on my mind.
I may be able to go to calling hours this afternoon then instead of this evening. I have the Columbus group coming in for my niece's 21st birthday party. I am picking the carrot cake with cream cheese icing up at 5 p.m. This is the niece that lived with me for a few years and this is the nephew that will be having the heart surgery in a week. Their Mother is still unfettered. May be a different story on Monday. Oh, well.
Tomorrow is a busy day, too. I like snow days, but this will delay my home school plans yet again. I can't call to get direction if all schools and their personnel are not in the office. Sigh. Figures. Time keeps pushing the deadline to the edge. I am in a slow panic. The funeral should slow me down and give me something peaceful to reflect on and to put my universe into perspective.
3 comments:
I stopped trying to make good cookies years ago. Maybe if I used cookie sheets other than those darn brown coated ones that tend to burn everything, I might be OK. But I just don't have the gumption to even try. So we buy the cookies instead.
This sounds like a good life journey to me...pursuit of the perfect cookie recipe! One more thing to add to my life list.
Not sure what you meant by saying that the Mother is still unfettered, but we all handled life's crises in our own way.
I've come across some tips. I do use jumbo eggs, some say to use smaller ones.
I may try shortening instead of butter and I may make sure my ingredients are fresh and to refrigerate my dough before baking.
It may be my air-bake sheets that are dark coated.
Tabor - by unfettered I meant that my sister has her hearing on Monday to determine if she gets a continuance to be out during the surgery or if they will put her behind bars for a couple of years. Could go either way. Let's just say this is not her first offense, or her second, or her third, or her fourth.... you get the picture.
Post a Comment