
A Wine Cellar Restaurant
I moved to a small town when I was three years old. We moved once more across town when I was six. When I was that age it was 1966. My oldest sister had graduated college in 1964. She married in 1968. In that time frame she had a few cars and they were clunkers. There was a repair shop/garage. It is now a fancy restaurant.
What makes the evening a "good" evening? Is it the company? It is the food? It is the atmosphere? Is it somebody else picking up the check? LOL!
I would say the most important ingredient for me is the company. That was taken care of (my family). The second most important would be the food. The restaurant gets a super A+ for the food. I had filet mignon and it was superb. My daughter had the salmon (also superb). The third would be the atmosphere. Another A+. In fact the decor was golden and magical.
The prices were on the high side, but I had been forewarned so I was prepared. When the food was that good, you can make some sacrifices. And the food was THAT good.
One little itty, bitty flaw. Somebody had invited a friend who became drunk and a bit belligerent. He happened to be seated next to me. Now, he was an okay guy, but he was loud and a know-it-all. You know the type. Once we mentioned the fact that my daughter had been given some flak about her hair color at school he went on a rampage about how schools could not do that because of freedom of expression etc... And, when he found out she was interested in Graphic Arts he knew all about that. Then he proceeded to tell us all about Kurt Vonnegut Jr and Einstein and so on and so forth. The folks on his other side got the worm hole theory. He probably needs to be a college professor or something. Let him bore students. He has some great insight and appears to be well informed, but he was so full of hot air. Oh, well.
Otherwise, a splendid evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment