
Driving by the lake again
I got to drive the scenic route 250 today and when I do I can't resist to take a few moments and capture some shots of the beautiful lake. I turned off the route and found a side road that I had not ventured on before. The photo opportunities did not allow me to shoot the lake at it's largest, but still had it's own charming spots.
I waved to a fisherman as I pulled off onto the side of the road and quipped "We have it so rough, don't we?" He laughed and said "Ah, I hate it!"
Well, I paid for that remark. When I arrived at my destination I was so darn busy I did not take time for lunch. I made up for it on the way home. I stopped to grab a grilled chicken sandwich and proceeded to eat it at the lake's roadside rest. I took more beautiful photos. One of a lone Canadian Goose that I will probably show later this week.
I almost stepped on a snake. I told myself when I started that those rocks along the shore line were very warm and certainly would house snakes wanting to warm up. I forgot and sure enough, we surprised one another. I made a sound that was NOT very lady-like (it wasn't a curse word). There was nobody around to hear, but my daughter laughed when I repeated the noise I made as I told her about my close call.
My daughter had me "hardlight" the photo a bit. My day didn't calm down much after I returned home, either. I bounced from one thing to another like a wobbly spinning toy top. Now that it is time for bed, I must somehow slow my brain down and try to relax for sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment