I took one of my colorful patio twirlers and shot the camera through it. This is how it came out. I sharpened the photo up a bit with the contrast, but that was all. No color added. I have one other one that came out pretty neat, but all the rest didn't. I must be in a picture taking frame of mind these days. I just came back in today because of the rain. Sable (dog) and I were going to go for a walk.I got all the supplies to make calico beans, taco layer dip and my usual cheese ball for tomorrow's cook-out at my sister's house. I am not certain I am going to have anyone here on Monday to cook for or not. I think my Columbus crew has to be back by that day.
My fingernails have had a growth spurt. I wish I knew what it is that makes them grow all of a sudden. Every three years or so (it used to be about once a year) I will notice that all of them are long and healthy. I hurry up and put clear polish on them. My Mom used to say it was digging in the fresh earth that did it. Maybe so. I used to recall my nails would grow around November, so I am not sure that is it. I was spared the habit of biting my nails. Two of my sisters do and my daughter does. The sister's cured their nail biting with fake finger nails.
I like my nails long, but it isn't practical when I am using a screw driver and working with the equipment that I do. It would be similar to working on car engines with long nails. It just wouldn't work. Since schools have not had much money to purchase anything, I am safe from breaking my finger nails. Probably for the entire summer. Here's to better funding in the fall.
I've discovered that the peony plant on the East side of my house is a different shaped flower than the one that blooms so well (on the West side). I bought them at the same time. This one looks a bit more like a rose when it starts out and has a wider outside petal that surrounds the flower. I have a couple of pictures and I hope to get more as the plant blooms better. I planted them five years ago. I had no idea it took that long for some flowers to bloom. I actually thought they died the first two years.
I am thinking that my hydrangea is going to take a year off from blooming. It is green and healthy but not very big. I may have pruned it back a bit too much last fall, but the web sites for the flower say that this is a good thing. I must be patient.
Time to get into the kitchen to start cleaning and cooking. Stupid rain.
I've discovered that the peony plant on the East side of my house is a different shaped flower than the one that blooms so well (on the West side). I bought them at the same time. This one looks a bit more like a rose when it starts out and has a wider outside petal that surrounds the flower. I have a couple of pictures and I hope to get more as the plant blooms better. I planted them five years ago. I had no idea it took that long for some flowers to bloom. I actually thought they died the first two years.
I am thinking that my hydrangea is going to take a year off from blooming. It is green and healthy but not very big. I may have pruned it back a bit too much last fall, but the web sites for the flower say that this is a good thing. I must be patient.
Time to get into the kitchen to start cleaning and cooking. Stupid rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment