Saturday, January 28, 2006

Rescue

Yes Virginia, firemen (fire people) do rescue kittens out of a tree. (Or, cat in this case). I grabbed this picture from my niece who grabbed it from my brother's (her dad) fire department collection.

I don't know who the rescuer is, it may be a lady fire person. It is comforting to know that there are full service departments out there. And, they are volunteer. I am surprised that the insurance companies haven't stepped in and forbid any activity of this type.

It just seems to me that every little thing is analyzed these days. Before you do that, think - will anybody sue me? Am I insulting anyone's nationality or religion if I were to do this or that? Am I breaking any law? If I rescue this cat, but break a tree limb, will the environmentalists come after me? If I burn a patch of bees in my back yard, will PETA swarm all over me?

You can't make a move these days without wondering if you are going to be up against some kind of activist or group. It is just plain ridiculous. How about PETA coming in and saying "Maybe the cat didn't want to be rescued? It has a right to die if it wants to." Okay, I'm getting carried away.

I have a busy week-end, but I am trying to squeeze the following movies in: Flightplan, War of the Worlds and Four Brothers.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Lucky you, I don't think our fire fighters would climb a tree. They are afraid of the liability! It is insane that our world has become a place that liability and suing have become a way of life for some folks. I mean it is BIG business, and some people look for reasons to sue, and make a living off of doing it.

Leesa said...

Wow, this is SO true! Great post :)