Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Magic (school) bus

I started this yearly portrait school bus years before my daughter started school. She had two years of pre-school and one of kindergarten. This bus only starts the portraits with 1st grade.

I don't have it updated with her 9th grade photo, yet. It looks pretty much the same as the 8th grade one.

There was plenty of drama yesterday. So much in fact, it all made my stomach hurt. That could have been the rich foods I was eating, though. I have kraut and a pork roast in the slow cooker. I had a taste of it last night. I wonder if my dog would eat kraut if I offered it to her. No doubt. She eats almost anything. I did see her spit out a radish, though. That is one of my "silent" resolutions. To stop feeding her and my cats people food. I have already started that, about two months ago. I know! I know! I'm not proud of it. But, I am going to try to be a better person to my pets.

Sigh. Sunday. New Year's day. I didn't promise anybody any visits this year. That makes me feel better. I can sit around in my robe all day if I want to. Work tomorrow. My daughter doesn't have school until Tuesday. We are going to have to get serious about her grades. Slipping a bit. I was an A/B student. I always thought I wouldn't ride her about grades, but I can't let it go. She doesn't even try (in my eyes). She said she works hard for them. I don't see it. She rarely brings any books home.

Coffee doesn't seem to be working today. It is just kind of sitting in my stomach. My daughter woke me up at 5:30 a.m. saying her boyfriend was upset and wanted to come over. "I don't think so." I was half asleep and mumbled something about a more decent hour. I got up at nine and I guess he arrived at 8:30. To her that was a decent hour. They are having problems. There are going to be some more changes in that area, too.

My poor daughter thinks I am jealous. She thinks that her boyfriend takes her away from me and that makes me jealous. She also keeps throwing up the fact that just because I didn't have a boyfriend at fourteen, I don't understand how she feels. Our therapist says she would make a great defense attorney. And, she tries to marry me off. Each time I happen to mention a man, as an example somebody I work with, she retorts "You should marry him!" She is so desperate to get me involved so that I can back off of her activities. Ain't gonna happen. She is a full time job. I told her I am going to be all over her like stink on stank. Who knows where that expression came from!

2 comments:

Miki said...

We did much of the same yesterday, sat around and hung around. I even took a nap in the afternoon! Can you imagine??? The older boys ran around with their friends, I wouldn't let them hang in the house, we are having unusually warm weather. I kept yelling, get out and get the fresh air, it won't be like this next week!
I am all over my 12 almost 13 year old boy about his grades, and about his study habits, my husband is too. WHy is it that they don't bring home books?????? Oh well, don't worry about the boyfriend thing, there will be others and there will be ones that you are horrified with! and frightened to allow in your driveway, let alone your house!

Peruby said...

Oh, Miki. I can't wait for those kind of boyfriends. (Peruby hides head under the blankets)