Thursday, January 05, 2006

All smiles

Here is a photo of me when I was about eight years old. I am sitting behind my older sister. She was sixteen when I was born, so if I was eight - she would be 24 or so in this photo.

We were sitting on top of her car hood before the Memorial Day parade. I'm sure a lot of my smile was in anticipation of the candy that was going to be thrown our way.

I always thought my sister looked like Jacqueline Kennedy.




Jackie, sister, sister, Jackie

6 comments:

Cheyenne said...

OMG the resemblance is uncanny. I actually thought it was Jackie till I scrolled down a bit. Wow!

Tabor said...

I did too! I thought it was a picture of J. Kennedy during her younge years. Did people tell your sister she looked like Jacqueline?

Peruby said...

No one ever told me she looked like Jacqueline, that I can recall. I did mention it to another sister and she said she thought the same thing.

My older sister would just shrug it off and say "No I don't."

I don't think my family knows about this blog, she might skin me alive if she found out I was posting pics of her and comparing her to Jackie. (hee, hee) Peruby gives evil little laugh.

Miki said...

I think you are right on the money, I too thought she was Jackie Kennedy in her younger years! My sister, the one that I am closest to, is also 16 years older than me. We did write about how similar our backgrounds were didn't we?

Peruby said...

Miki - that "is" pretty wild, how the similarities keep popping up.

Shephard said...

omg, she could be Jackie's sister. Stunning resemblance! I thought the picture WAS Jackie O. Uncanny.

~S