Monday, September 09, 2013

They missed

Local technology meeting today, where I faced the firing squad again.

If they aimed at me today - they missed. I had my shields up. The elephant in the room (filter) was not even mentioned. I don't know if they felt sorry for me or did not have the balls to mention it. I was ready. I was keeping my cool until I walked into the building.

I was loaded for bear.

Big sigh of relief. I did not have to use my ammunition. I spoke little and smiled a lot.

When I walked into the meeting room they did say "Peruby, you are walking into a hostile environment."  I thought to myself,   'Sigh. Here we go.'   I smiled and said  "I'm used to it."  They said "Oh?" I said "Yeah, nineteen years - I think I can handle hostile."

I smiled and sat down. The subject was changed and the meeting commenced.

I had to leave the meeting early to attend to another matter so my going out to lunch with the crew was avoided. I was not going. It may be a long time before I go again with them.

I'll stick to my ladies night out. Forget the tech guys. I am not the only girl in the tech group, a couple of other gals try to make it but for the most part - it's the boys club.

Nyet!

No comments: