Monday, July 30, 2012

That sky

I grabbed a shot of the sky Saturday evening. I was at a Jimmy Buffet tribute party where the dj played mostly JB songs. I have no idea what that flash of fire or light is just off-center to the right. I was trying to get a shot with no people in it.

It was a beautiful evening. We were celebrating my birthday (2 months late). Hey, I'll take what I can get these days. I was spoiled beyond belief as is the way with this group of friends who have been gift giving since the late 80's. I joined them around 1992. When you reach  a certain age most people no longer get gifts on their birthdays. Only one of us have a significant other. None of us have married. Only I have a child. There are stragglers. My sister joins us now an again. She is married and has a grown son. None of us are gay. That I know of. I figure I would know by now - we have all spent so much time together. We are just a group of old maids. Two came very close to marriage. Whoops. Make that three. I have been engaged twice.

Ah, well. We have good times. Of the group - the original six of us have worked at one certain location. It just went out of business - putting three of my friends out of work. The other three of us had moved on long ago. Only one is  not currently working. I believe she is using her unemployment and furthering her education to obtain a new job.

I believe that leaves every place I have ever worked at - out of business/gone. Let me think. Oh...there is an ice cream stand I worked at when I was 17. It still operates. And Ponderosa. I worked there one summer. All the rest... gone.

Headache update - a bad one Sunday - but only took Advil. It was from lack of sleep. Too much caffeine the evening before. I do not drink alcohol while on this new medication. So THAT is not the reason for the headache. LOL!

Okay. I have rambled on long enough. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache. I was hoping you'd be cured.

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

But I enjoy your ramblings! I think that's awesome that you have a group of likeminded, and like-lifed (?) friends that you can celebrate with. How neat. Glad the headache was taken down with only Advil - progress? Hope so.

Tabor said...

Glad your headaches require more simple medication. You will live a long life, because having a good group of friends is the best medicine ever.