Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mmmm...watermelon

I'll have some of that!

Sister 1944's 2nd grandson.

I dreamt last night that she and I were riding in a car. She was driving (steering wheel was on the right side of the car. What is up with that?). I was in the back seat. We were driving an old dirt road because of a detour. We saw a mama black bear with her cubs. One bear jumped in the backseat with me through an open window and another jumped in the front seat with my sister.  They were not cubs any longer but they were small in size. They did not get fierce, but I knew that we needed to get them out. I grabbed a sweater laying on the seat and opened a car door and wrapped the head of the bear with me in the sweater and pushed him out the door. Then I opened the front door of the car and did the same to the bear in the front seat. My sister drove on. Then we found a restaurant that we used to go to but it had moved. It was called "Sisters". Weird.

A little self analysis here. I was the first one at the hospital when my sister had her accident. This sister is sixteen years older than I am. She was always like a Mother figure to me. She was so frightened when I got to the ER. I immediately went into protective mode. I stayed with her and took care of what I could for over 8 hours. I called the insurance company. I drove her home. (Her son drove her husband to get a spare car). I brought them food. I made certain she was comfortable. Her husband filled her prescriptions. She took care of me as a mother would most of my childhood.

The bear or bears represent danger to my sister. She was always there to protect our family. She paid it forward many times back in the 60's and 70's.

No comments: