I am getting this nastiness taken care of Thursday after work. I love my Honda service department. They are the greatest guys. Well, the guys out at the front desk are. I never see or speak to the actual workers. I hope they know how much I appreciate them. Hmmm. How can I let them know?
Eh - anyway. I know that Honda has an indicator to tell them WHICH tire is low on their nicer models, but it certainly did not help me when I first saw this alert a couple of years ago when it was seven (7) flipping degrees Fahrenheit outside. With numb fingers I put air in each tire, trying to find the one that was low. My service stations did not have what they have in place now. A digital readout on a screen that gauges the air pressure and stops and sounds a small alarm when you reach 32 psi. It is a bit easier now that the weather is warm, the digital display is quite large and it stops putting air in at the correct pressure.
I wonder if I can get the service department to clean my dusty dashboard.

6 comments:
Maybe next time you take your car in you could leave a small box of cookies or doughnuts on the seat clearly labeled as being for them.
Get a tire gauge at any auto parts store. You don't need to pay someone to tell you which tire is low.
I was going to make the same suggestions as your two prior posters...so guess I will just shut up.
Putting air in a tire on a vehicle has always been one of those chores that I hate. I always feel completely insecure letting air out instead of in, the tire will get too much and explode... I know, I know... very unreasonable. I'm an intelligent person, and yet, I'd really just rather let someone SLIGHTLY more confident than I deal with tire, oil, dash lights, etc. My Jeep tells me which tire is low, and how low, but that doesn't ease my distaste for remedying that. Cookies, for sure!
All - yes, I have been meaning to take some treats of some sort to them. They are very good to me.
Grumpy,
Unless the gauges have changed I have trouble reading the darn things. They are clumsy at best and I seem to let more air out when I check the tires. I do have a gauge somewhere in one of my junk drawers, I come across it now and then. I think I will check the auto stores to see if they have improved the design. Those numbers are tiny!
I pay .75¢ to check the air at the gas station. The reading is clearer and if I know the tire that is low it gives me the advantage.
The couple of times I have had tire issues, my service department has fixed it for no charge.
Post a Comment