Thursday, March 01, 2012

Unusual

There is a small greasy spoon located in the back of a bulk general store that I visit once in a while. I always commented to family and friends on the selection of hot sauces that they carry. This is only one side of the display rack. The other side was almost as full. The day I was there I asked if I could take pictures and I was granted the privilege.

My intent was to show the wide range of selection and a couple of bottles with the "f" word on the label to share a laugh with family. I did not know there were far more "colorful" labels to be seen until I shot a couple of close ups.

I may show some of the individual bottles. Some are funny. Most have the "f" word and there are two that I probably will NOT show. They border on pornographic (and I use the word "border" ambivalently). This is a public place. It has been around for years. The area is NOT blocked off so any innocent child can stumble across the colorful label just as I did. The more risque labels were NOT placed high on the shelf. I think they are about mid-way and can be viewed by almost any age group.

You can find the place  yourself. Here is their link:


Located next to this dress shop:


Another comical aspect to this story is the fact that they push the deli products that they sell as "Amish" cheese and meats. I just wonder if any innocent unsuspecting Amish person browsed the hot sauces and were like "WTF?" You know  -  just wondering.

For the record I have never seen any Amish in the place.


7 comments:

Tabor said...

Amish probably do not shop there ever. Too bad they don't put the bottles that are for 'adults' only on the highest shelves.

Grumpy said...

I want close-ups.

Golden To Silver Val said...

LOL, yes close-ups! Thanks for the "heads up" about my blog. I removed that link. She hasn't posted in 5 months and maybe that's why. Her blog may have gotten hi-jacked. Please visit again and see if you still get the notification. I run anti-virus/anti-malware every night and it's always been clear. I'm impressed with Norton that it caught that. Anyway, thanks again and please let me know. Keep smilin' toots.

Peruby said...

Tabor - you are probably right. No Amish shop there. And, I may just re-arrange the bottles of hot sauce on my next visit there. My luck I will probably drop the one with the unsavory picture on it and turn as red as the sauce itself.

Peruby said...

Grumpy - of course you do! :)

Peruby said...

Val - the recent visit to your site revealed no message from Norton. Good job!

kden said...

I would be in Heaven with all those hot sauces. I used to visit a website called Mo Hotta Mo Betta, that sold hot sauces. Making me hungry just thinking of what I can put it on!