Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hula

A hula dancing hippo. In flames. The last few of the posts on hot sauce that  I have are photos off the Internet. My pics were too blurry. I am actually learning quite a bit about hot sauce during this session. I think folks get addicted to the effect of the sauce because it releases the endorphins.

In 2011 the world record for the hottest chili pepper is the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. Just to give  you an idea of the Scoville Heat scale, I have eaten Texas Pete hot sauce (and liked it) which rates a 747. Common pepper spray (used for protection and spraying into the face of an attacker) is 2 million. Supposedly this Trinidad Moruga Scorpion registers over two million. By the way - Frank's Red Hot original is a measly 450.

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

An interesting read:

http://www.chilliworld.com/reviews/customer-reviews-all.asp

I also add Wendy's hot sauce to their chili. Two packs. Not extreme, it is just enough to burn my lips at times.


1 comment:

Grumpy said...

I've had Texas Pete's. Didn't know it was rated that high.