I lifted this photo off the Internet. It took me a long time to find the hairstyle and I still did not get it exact. I work with many schools. About 45 separate districts. I work with the network technician and any help they may be fortunate enough to have. Although the photo above is a woman the hairstyle is similar to a guy I work with now and then.
He is as thin as a toothpick. We met on Tuesday at the high school to install some new equipment in his buildings. To save on gas I rode with him to the next building. No A/C. The little elementary building had no A/C running because the building is empty during the summer. The computer equipment was protesting loudly in a (90 degree Fahrenheit plus) little tiny closet.
I didn't give a rat's ass about the equipment right then. I worked as quickly as I could. By the time I was done I was a mess. I was soaked with sweat.
I am 51 and I believe I am starting the first stages of menopause. I was miserable to say the least. I saved the taxpayers a few dollars by riding with him but I swear - next time guys -- I may have to drive my own car.
Then on the way home from the high school I ran my A/C in my car full blast.
I have had a very painful earache since Tuesday night. Sigh.
It is to the point where I feel that I need to visit the doctor. The pain woke me up Tuesday night. I've had cotton stuffed in my ear for two days. I always hated that feeling but do not care at this stage. My teeth on that side hurt something awful, too. They are very sensitive right now to cold/hot.
I do not have time for the doctor. I work in a another town forty miles away all day today. That leaves tomorrow. I have tomorrow off to begin my long week-end to prepare for my family reunion out of state. What do you think the odds are of me getting in to see her tomorrow on a Friday? Ha! I don't even think she works on Friday anyway. I have never had a Friday appointment.
Then Saturday we leave for the reunion. I do not want a repeat of my fireworks party where I am sick and cannot enjoy the festivities. Ugh.
I can't miss today. I do not return to work until Wednesday of next week. This equipment must be installed today so that the school office can work. Administration staff works all summer to continue purchase orders, state paperwork and payroll. Just to name a few.
Besides, don't you just hate people who call off sick the day before their vacation or the day right after? I don't want to be that person!
Besides, don't you just hate people who call off sick the day before their vacation or the day right after? I don't want to be that person!
Time for more Advil.

1 comment:
Call the doctor, tell them you are going out of town and demand to be seen. Works for my wife. Or sometimes she just goes to the office and says she can't stand the misery anymore; works every time.
Post a Comment