Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Edith Ann

My grand great nephew and niece sitting in the Adirondack chair at the motel.

One of my nephews got a photo of me in the chair (Edith Ann style) when we first got there. He showed it to everybody. I pretended to delete it. He grabbed the cell phone off of me. I got my wish. Later during the night he jumped into the pool with the phone in his pocket. That photo will never see the light of day again. 

He was also escorted to his room by the security guard. It was 4:00 a.m. when he was in the pool. The others must have left him or got out when the security guard found them. They jumped the fence.

Think about it. 30 people. Most of us went to bed. I counted at least 2 bottles of vodka, one bottle of gin, one bottle of cinnamon schnapps, one bottle of bourbon and one bottle of something else I never did get the name of. And folks - this was before the real drinker arrived. She was running late and I heard tell she brought the makings for White Russians and cherry vodka. This is not including the beer.

It may be needless to say, but two nephews did not make it to the reunion at all. Hangovers I understand. I have been there. I am not proud of it. One year I drank so many long island iced teas at this motel I ruined the next day (for myself) when the family drove to the New River Gorge bridge. I was still on the floor in the motel room because it hurt to lay in the bed. That seemed to do it for me. I have not been drunk since.

But to not come to the reunion when you did not drink? I am having a hard time with this issue. My daughter and her boyfriend came when we were finishing the reunion. I was livid.

Anyway - remember Edith Ann?

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I remember Edith Ann and her raspberries.

That amount of booze is about the same amount my neighbors throw out every week (empty bottles) and yet I never see anyone there if they are having parties. I see the bottles when I go for the mail.