I did go to the doctor's office. The doctor wasn't in. (Sounds like the beginning of a cheesy song). When I called they said that a nurse practitioner could see me. I said "Anybody!"
She diagnosed sinusitis. Whatever. I was given the above. I am in pain and I am grouchy to say the least. The Advil takes the edge off but I do get sick of taking it. I have not taken any today and I have been up for over 2 hours. I don't like to take medicine on an empty stomach and so far I only have coffee in my stomach.
My ear hurts, my jaw hurts. I find myself clenching my teeth during the day and at night. I relax the jaw when I realize that I am doing this, I think it is a brace against the pain. One neighbor said (before I told her I was ill) that the right side of my face looked swelled and she asked if I had a migraine. I told her that I had an earache that had moved into the right side of my jaw and teeth.
I also have had a condition that I rarely find others having. My gums itch when I am ill. Like insane itching. Like a mosquito bite that won't stop itching. It drives me nuts! I have been know to brush them raw when they itch like this. All of this on the right side of my mouth. Only the gums on the top itch. Never the bottom. The bottom right is the area where I just missed getting a root canal. The dentist stopped at the last minute and said "I don't think we need to do a root canal". Sometimes I wish he had and it would all be over now because this is the area I have a lot of pain and trouble with.
I also have had a condition that I rarely find others having. My gums itch when I am ill. Like insane itching. Like a mosquito bite that won't stop itching. It drives me nuts! I have been know to brush them raw when they itch like this. All of this on the right side of my mouth. Only the gums on the top itch. Never the bottom. The bottom right is the area where I just missed getting a root canal. The dentist stopped at the last minute and said "I don't think we need to do a root canal". Sometimes I wish he had and it would all be over now because this is the area I have a lot of pain and trouble with.
At the time I saw the nurse, my throat did not hurt, but it does now. Another worry. As I age I believe I may be forming allergies. Sigh. I suppose I'll mention it to the doctor during my next visit. I get a stuffy nose often, my eyes hurt almost daily (not the red, itchy burning pain - a deep penetrating ache). They water like crazy sometimes, though. I don't sneeze but I often have an annoying cough.
I promised pics of the BBQ basket and I took some with my cell phone. Sorry if they are blurry or subpar.
I included a BBQ bug zapper, a hamburger press and the above apron in the basket. It is very heavy and full. I have to wrap it in cellophane yet and tie ribbons around it.
Here is the candy jar I made. Can you guess how many starburst candies are in there? I had to count them four times because I kept getting distracted. I figured two counts were the same and I went with that. Who is going to re-count anyway?
Basically, I am not getting much done in preparation for our week-end trip. I better get my rear in gear today. Time for toast and a dose of Advil. Is it just me or am I rhyming?




2 comments:
Ah, the miraculous Z Pack. Wonderful stuff; you should be much improved by the 3rd pill. Sinusitus will make your teeth hurt. Hope you're better for your trip. Have fun.
I love nurse practitioners, they spend more time with you and actually seem interested in your maladies. We don't even see a doctor anymore, just the NP. Sounds like she made the right call and hope you are on your way to feeling better. I had something similar awhile back and it turned out to be a cracked tooth. They almost missed it until I insisted, then they repaired it.
Love your title on the previous post! Illness and crabbiness bring out the best in posts sometimes.
Post a Comment