Monday, April 04, 2011

Swan song - NOT!

I realized as I titled this post "Swan Song" some might think it were my last. No way.

Anyway, we watched "Black Swan" over the week-end. What is it with movies and their scenes of private moments with oneself in the bedroom? Good grief! We watched a couple of other movies also, and some of them also included this subject matter. Whatever.

There are about four characters in this movie. Three women and one man. The rest are little bit parts who barely speak or continue the story line. Worthy of all it's embellishment at the Oscars? Again - whatever.

There are moments of suspense. Moments of "ouch!" Moments of wondering "Did that just happen or is she losing it and hallucinating?" Moments of disgust. (If I never see V Cassel kiss again, it would be a-okay with me!). Yes, the movie is intense. We did laugh. Once. When she is in the subway and the older man is making sexual actions toward her. We cringed - a lot. 

Get two movies if you rent this one. Get a comedy. Watch Black Swan first because you are going to need something to lift you up after it, like a silly comedy. I recommend "Due Date". Some vulgar moments with it, though. Very, very similar to Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Where have I been? Hell if I know. I'd like to say I've been busy, but I don't think I have been. Just lazy, I think is more like it. I am getting nothing done.Well, nothing significant.

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

I wasn't going to watch Black Swan, but you make it sound like it may be worth a look. Old men need love too, you know.