Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All aboard!

My great nephew at our local park, driving the stationary train. Whoo. Had to look that one up. At first I typed the "e" instead of the "a". 

The train of life goes fast, n'est-ce  pas?

I am exhausted. Just going day to day is draining me. I have a five day break this week-end and I found myself trying to fill up each and every day with something. Why? 

Probably to get out of housework. I need to do some serious cleaning and maybe by scheduling myself out this day and that day I can say to myself again, "Just not enough hours in the day!"

I volunteered to help paint a set for the local theater. I told my brother I had the firehouse software ready for the new computer. They are jumping from a Windows 98 machine to Windows version 7 - 64 bit. What a transfer! Needless to say it needs to be performed in stages.

I travel two hours on Sunday to go to the family get together. Not a lot going. They are not driving the over two hour drive to get there. Whatever.

I have worked very hard to rebuild my reputation at work. I am not in the same place I was four to five years ago. I have come to realize that my co-worker may have had a lot to do with my problems. She has been gone for two years and I am at the top of my game. Like I am supposed to be.

Then one little incident sent me spiraling back into the suspicious mindset that I nursed for so long. I figured it out in my head to where it does not bother me. I worked things out so that I do not feel cheated.  Two can play the game, n'est-ce pas?

How many times do we feel as if our life is a run away train? Out of control? Ready to jump the tracks? Which brings me to a movie. Hah, always!

Unstoppable with D Washington. I liked it. Based on a true story. Some filming was done in Ohio. My favorite quote is "...not you. I'm not doing it for you."  That is what I want to tell my manager and director when they thank me for doing a good job. I have zero respect for them. I am not doing this for them. For me it is all about the children. And to feel good about myself.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

This attitude is what our politicians need to reset their minds to. Not for their re-election but for the people! Hard to do when there are outside distractions and defeatisms. Glad you are back at the top of your game. Wish I had you next door when I have to keep re-booting my PC Internet connection and my wireless router each time I boot up my laptop! What is up with that!

kden said...

Good post today. I have an old computer that still runs '98. I don't use it much except for all of my graphics that I've bought over the years. It's hopeless to upgrade but I still like it so it will sit as a relic.