Thursday, August 12, 2010

Adding a little color


I was able to re-load the anti-virus software back onto my PC. It was a lot easier than I thought. I've done it so many times now, I guess I am getting pretty good at it. No problems at all.

My next step was to add pretty and inspiring wall paper to my desktop. I love finding new pics to add and I have some old faves. The one above is a new one. I center it so that my icons show up. Right now I only have a handful of icons on the desktop. Like moving into a new house, the furniture is sparse and the area is clean and uncluttered. As time goes on my desktop will look like a small hydrogen bomb went off as my house does.

Is that what they call them? Hydrogen bombs? Atom bombs? Nuclear blast? I wiki'd them and they are the same. I like that about Wikipedia. Instead of a URL address (such as www.someplace.com) you can just type in 'wiki atom bomb' (without the quotes) and it takes you to the closest subject in Wikipedia that matches atom bomb. Try it. Then try another like 'wiki daniel boone' or 'wiki chernobyl'. I used to sign out encyclopedias at the library (before the world wide web) and read them. I love small blurbs or stories about people, places and things. I love it!

I just tried an experiment. It works with the quotes, too. Yeah, I could read about stuff all day.

Currently I am reading "Jungle Child" by Sabine Kuegler. It is about a girl raised in West Papua in the 70's. I love the biography section of my library. Gosh I'm just full of love today.

And then I go to work. Where's the love NOW?! I'll be in a little school (no air). I am going to try to get there early enough and get my job done before the heat makes it unbearable. A fan has quit in a router and I must replace it. The unit has three fans. The fan is no bigger than a.... a....bar of motel soap. That's it. I couldn't think of anything that size.

And the pups? Hah! I had another remote control chewed beyond repair this morning. They also found a way into the picnic basket with the plastic utensils. All over the floor this morning. The remote - I can survive without it I suppose. It is to the TV, but the cable remote can control it. Or you know, I can walk up to the set and push the buttons. Horrors!

The basket that held all six remotes (don't ask) will have to be placed high on the book case I guess. I was mistaken when I thought that they were safe in a boxed basket. I am vigilant about putting the remotes inside this box every night before I retire. Little wicked devils. I didn't even mumble to them. I just picked everything up and took the batteries out of the now defunct remote and cleaned up the plastic ware on the carpet. My sweeper will love any little tiny plastic pieces left behind.

Maybe I need to go back to caging them at night. Ugh. They are in their cages while I go to work, I just feel sad putting them in there at night, too.

I watched "The Ghost Writer". The wife is the same lady who played the wife of B Willis in the movie The Sixth Sense. Did I like the movie? Not really. Not a big E McGregor fan. I am a P Brosnan fan. I recognized (barely) K Cattrall. I was like 'Is that her?' 'Yes, it is!' I thought the movie was a little silly in places. I was waiting for the servants to knock somebody off, they were so strangely mysterious and creepy. And they gave them the names of Dep and Duc? What is up with that? Oh, and here is a bit of trivia for you. The young lady who is the Island motel receptionist just happens to be the daughter of R Polanski - the director of the movie.

Yep, yep. Onward to the great unknown. I wonder where my camera is? This is prime picture-taking country where I am headed.

1 comment:

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

That book sounds good. I will have to add it to my list. I love reading biographies or autobiographies of people who have lived lives so different from my own!