One time a few years back I was in a hurry to fix dinner. My daughter and niece were hungry and I didn't take the time to add bread crumbs and bake the tuna noodle casserole like you are supposed to do. I layered noodles, peas, tuna and cheese and zapped it in the microwave.They loved it! They raved about it.
I have fixed it that way ever since.
The above dish has mushrooms added to it. Not my daughter's favorite, but I liked it just fine.
So, just cook the noodles as the package instructs. Layer noodles, peas, tuna and cheese. I use sweet baby peas and Velveeta cheese. The above dish has regular tuna (usually I use the albacore or chunk white) packed in water. I use Light 'n Fluffy extra wide egg noodles. I butter the casserole dish and sometimes add pats of butter in the layers. Sometimes I add a little milk so it is not dry. It usually is not dry.
Come to find out the girls hated it when the noodles get hard and crunchy. I don't like it baked anymore and I never did like the bread crumbs either.
This recipe is really quick. Ten minutes to boil the noodles, five minutes to layer and five minutes in the microwave. I open the cans of tuna and peas while the noodles are boiling and slice the cheese. I also butter the casserole dish while waiting for the noodles.
It is creamy and it is rich.
So, just cook the noodles as the package instructs. Layer noodles, peas, tuna and cheese. I use sweet baby peas and Velveeta cheese. The above dish has regular tuna (usually I use the albacore or chunk white) packed in water. I use Light 'n Fluffy extra wide egg noodles. I butter the casserole dish and sometimes add pats of butter in the layers. Sometimes I add a little milk so it is not dry. It usually is not dry.
Come to find out the girls hated it when the noodles get hard and crunchy. I don't like it baked anymore and I never did like the bread crumbs either.
This recipe is really quick. Ten minutes to boil the noodles, five minutes to layer and five minutes in the microwave. I open the cans of tuna and peas while the noodles are boiling and slice the cheese. I also butter the casserole dish while waiting for the noodles.
It is creamy and it is rich.
No comments:
Post a Comment