
I was horrified. I read it in the newspaper. Some jackass threw a puppy out of a moving vehicle on a big open road that is known to be travelled often by semi tractor trailers. I cringed. The guy driving behind had to swerve to miss the puppy. He said he thought they had thrown trash out. Another driver stopped. She was a vet from a nearby city.
The driver of the "red van" did not stop. Nobody was able to get the license plate because of all the commotion. The police were looking for the offending driver(naturally).
My first thought was of a neighbor lady who I saw just two days prior. She had a little black lab puppy she was wanting to get rid of. She had broken her foot and could not take care of him. She lived in the only place on my block that rents to the seedier crowd of people. They only stay a few months and move on.
But, I never saw a red van anywhere near that place.
Until Wednesday evening. I was driving out the back alley and there it was. A red van! Oh no!
What would you do?
While walking the dogs later that evening, I walked past the rented house to look for any signs that the pup was still there. Nobody was out and there was no pup. Sigh. What to do, what to do.
I went back home. Read the paper. It was all a HOAX! The guy said his wife would never let him keep the puppy so he made up the entire story! Arrgghh! The lady vet must have been part of his story? No explanation was given that I saw about her.
Read the resolved story here.
I am so glad I didn't jump to any sudden accusations. I thought them, but I needed proof first. And then that story. I don't know who I want to slap more. Somebody who would throw a dog out of a moving vehicle or the guy that would make the story up and get all the readers in an uproar. The pup was one in a litter of 10. I don't suppose they are going to have any problems getting that set adopted. Most callers only wanted the "discarded" puppy. They were not interested in adopting any of his litter mates. Huh?
Then, there is the lady that left her kids in the vehicle while it was still running with the windows down. They were left alone long enough for a bystander to see this, call the cops and the cops to get there and cite her. She said she was in the store for five minutes. I don't know about you, but I've never seen any cops respond in under five minutes, but I suppose it could happen.
4 comments:
What a sad and yet so common a story. Why do people have to be like that?
I want to find a picture of your boxer because I have one too and just love her.
Also, because you got the name of the band correct, I tag you with the handwriting challenge... if you want to do it.
CD
Clarissa - just click on the label area below my post on the word "dog" or "pets" and you should see plenty of pics of my boxer.
Not sure about the challenge. I might get the time tomorrow to do that. :)
Tt is a valid story. It was in the newspaper and you were not jumping to conclusions as you had a lot of facts. You would have been embarrassed to find it a hoax had you reported it...but do not blame yourself for being observant and concerned about animals.
You asked for the recipe for Paula Deen's chicken that we loved a while back. I am sorry I forgot to post it for you but it is gooooooood and simple, just like I love it. Here is is!
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 box stuffing (like stovetop)
4 T butter melted (I use real butter)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 C wine or chicken stock (broth)
8 slices swiss cheese (we like this but I have used Kroger quesidalla shredded and it was good!
Pound the chicken breast until they are uniform thickness. Mix soup and wine/broth in a bowl. Put chicken breasts in 9X13 pan. Place cheese on top of chicken. Pour soup mixture on top. Be sure to salt and pepper chicken and soup mixture to your taste. Crumble dry stuffing mix and sprinkle over the top. Pour the melted butter all over. Bake in 350-375 oven (depending on your oven) uncovered for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and dig in. Hear your family say "YUMMMMMMM!"
Post a Comment