Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Once bitten


Don't worry. They didn't get it again. This is just a very close up view of the remote from last week when they chewed it good. Click on the picture. Go ahead. It's huge.

I can't help but be horrified by the news of the earthquake in Haiti. The other half of the island is Dominican Republic. This is NOT where my nephew is. He is a few islands over on the island of Dominica. I had a dream about an earthquake the other night. Except it was a tree falling on my house, which was not really my house. Dreams are strange.

It was the big pine tree behind my house. The wind always makes me think it is going to fall. In the dream I just remember the dirt falling on my face, but I was not hurt one bit.

I think it was after the recent quake in California.

Well, I can imagine the people who believe the end is near are really having their heyday.

I was really disturbed listening to this one guy on Skype they were interviewing talking about his ride home, seeing only a woman's head protruding out from under a bunch of concrete, he said there was blood coming from her eyes, nose and mouth. He didn't say he stopped. He didn't say he stopped to see if there was anyone alive that he could help. He said he was sure she was dead. It was shortly after that his video froze. I'd cut him off, too. The louse.

4 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

The earthquake was terrible but I was struck by the remote -- do you have a shark for a pet? Or when your dog barks, do the channels change on the TV?

Tabor said...

Bagman is so funny! It is a good thing that he hangs out with Butler. I was taken by the tragedy of the earthquake as well. They shouldn't happen anywhere but the people of Haiti have had enough already.

Peruby said...

B&B - do the channels change on... what? You are too funny! I got a good chuckle out of that.

Peruby said...

Tabor - he is funny! I heard from my nephew who said he wasn't even aware of the earthquake until I asked about him on facebook. Now, I am sick looking at the news.