My nephew gave me some canned air and monitor wipes for Christmas. I put them to good use over the long week-end. I did some cleaning. My computer really needed it. Cripes!My Honda dealership took care of my low tire pressure indicator today and put my new plates on the car. They were out of keys, so they ordered some and I'll have to go back. They didn't charge me a dime for the other stuff. Very nice.
I have a lot less anxiety to come home to now that the pups are caged while I am gone. Or, crated. Whatever. However, they did manage to get my glasses one more time and I paid a visit to my eye doctor again today to get new tips put on again. They laughed.
I had a migraine all day Sunday. I slept most of the day away. Didn't get much done other than taking the dogs out to do their business every 3 or 4 hours. Then, I slept all night. Wow. Today all I needed was the usual generic acetaminophen. I have not switched back to Advil (or ibuprofin) since my surgery, I'll stick with acetaminophen for a while. Until it doesn't work anymore.
I read an article today about puppy mills and it just made me sick to my stomach. Please spread the word around to all your friends and families.
Stop puppymills.
Stop puppyfarms.
Do not buy from pet shops.
Do not buy from the Amish.
I had a migraine all day Sunday. I slept most of the day away. Didn't get much done other than taking the dogs out to do their business every 3 or 4 hours. Then, I slept all night. Wow. Today all I needed was the usual generic acetaminophen. I have not switched back to Advil (or ibuprofin) since my surgery, I'll stick with acetaminophen for a while. Until it doesn't work anymore.
I read an article today about puppy mills and it just made me sick to my stomach. Please spread the word around to all your friends and families.
Stop puppymills.
Stop puppyfarms.
Do not buy from pet shops.
Do not buy from the Amish.
So many people (tourists) believe the Amish to be a fine, peaceful and admirable group of people. That may be so in most cases, but they do not believe in kindness to animals. They are a stern and simple people. They do not have room for anything they (or their beliefs) consider excessive. Animals are put on the earth to serve mankind (they say this comes from the Bible, I don't know) and that if the animal is no longer useful, it can be discarded or destroyed.
I am not knocking their way of living. To each their own. I just want to help spread the word so that many people do not mistakenly purchase a puppy from an Amish puppy mill thinking that this critter was well taken care of by these peaceful and loving people.
Sigh. NOW I need the acetaminophen.
Sigh. NOW I need the acetaminophen.
2 comments:
Glad you got the car fixed and so sorry for your migraine. Keeping the puppies in a 'cage' is the best until and if they stop chewing. I have seen the video about an Amish puppy mill and it was most disheartening.
Crate training your puppies has nothing to do with chewing. It has everything to do with teaching them a routine for potty training. When they come out of the crate, it's right outside,a little treat and lots of praise and playtime if they go. Then back in the crate and repeat the process. They will learn that going potty outside pleases you and they get a reward for going.
Ask your doctor about Imitrex for your migraines. Worked wonders for my wife.
Post a Comment