Sunday, January 10, 2010

My hand


I was dealt this hand in Euchre last night

The opponent on my right dealt the cards. She turned up an Ace of clubs. I passed. Her partner passed. My partner passed. I held my breath. She turned it down. I called it Spades and said "alone!" Then I lay down the hand you see above. Once in a lifetime!

It didn't help me one bit. My partner and I lost all rounds of the game. Even after getting 4 points from that hand. I'm very rusty. Oh well.

I slept in until 8:30 this morning and I feel like crap. The dogs must have thought I died since I was not up and about at 4:30 or 5:00 to let them out. The headache is raging. I drank ginger ale so it is not a hangover.

Disruption of sleep pattern. But hey, what am I supposed to do? Stay home every night? Find friends that just want to get together during the daytime? Hardly. I like my down time, but I need to socialize once in a while, too. And, it was not a late night. I was in bed by midnight.

Bring it on. I've got the sumatriptan.

I got in my car to drive home. Most of you know that the newer model cars have an indicator light for when a tire has low air pressure. Mine was lit. It figures. It was 7 ° Fahrenheit outside. I ignored it. I almost made it home when after making a sharp left turn, I heard a god-awful noise coming from the underside of my car. WTF? It is 11:30 p.m., cold as the dickens and I have to stop and investigate. Sigh. Fortunately it was only frozen ice buildup on my splash guards that were rubbing against the tire. I kicked it off and all was quiet again. That stupid yellow/amber low pressure light remained on, though. Grrrr.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

The nice thing about those amber lights is that they usually light quite a time before you need to address the problem. I do not think that you should be punished for staying up a little late and playing cards...was someone wearing perfume or was the lighting weak? Just doesn't seem conducive to a headache to me.

Grumpy said...

Better check the tire pressure; last thing you need is to wake up on Monday morning to find a slow leak has now left you with a flat.

Peruby said...

Tabor - you are probably right. It may have been a combination of a disruptive sleep pattern, some forbidden foods (maybe the onion dip?) at the get together, drinking too much citrus, the lousy weather, and who knows what else.

Peruby said...

Grumpy,

The tires all look good and the same. Of course I cannot find my tire gauge. We'll see what the morrow brings. I am getting a new key made at the dealership, so I'll have them check the air for me.

Bagman and Butler said...

Great story. I've never played Eucre before but the hand looked pretty good for any card game. Congratulations. Now kicking ice off a car...I've done that before.