
Sunday the 3rd, my daughter and I had a dinner to go to. An early "surprise" birthday party for the nephew who is going to school in Dominica. He leaves tomorrow to return. My daughter and I have become very good at putting stuff out of the dogs' reach. They are getting desperate.
For the (almost) six months that we have had the (newer) pups, not one time did they touch the cable remote. We returned from the dinner to find this. The next day I went to our cable provider and set the remote on the desk. "Have mercy" I said. She laughed, chucked the remote into a boot barrel next to her station and said "It happens all the time."She promptly gave me a new one, said it would be $10 and she would add it to my next month's bill. I said "What if it happens again?" She said "Still $10."
Mercy me! Folks at work got a good chuckle out of seeing the remote. I did not "investigate" to see who pooped out the missing buttons on the remote. It is very cold outside and it is all I can do to stand out there with them while they do their business, I certainly am not going to go poking around in it. My neighbors already think I am nuts.
I left the cable office and promptly went to the farm feed store and purchased two medium sized crates for my rat terriers. They are set up in my living room. The boxer will need a special order crate made of sturdier steel that I will get online. He would chew the flimsy store bought ones up in no time. With the pups locked up, I may not need one for the boxer. Time will tell.
The rat terriers get very vocal when I come home after they have been in the crates for a few hours. When one began to pee on my carpet he promptly was placed inside his crate. He curled up and did not make a sound. After about 20 minutes I took him outside.
This should have been done long ago, I know. I have read where they also feel much safer with a "crate" and it increases their self esteem. I hope so.
I will continue to plod along. I signed up for this job, I'll see it through.
The rat terriers get very vocal when I come home after they have been in the crates for a few hours. When one began to pee on my carpet he promptly was placed inside his crate. He curled up and did not make a sound. After about 20 minutes I took him outside.
This should have been done long ago, I know. I have read where they also feel much safer with a "crate" and it increases their self esteem. I hope so.
I will continue to plod along. I signed up for this job, I'll see it through.
3 comments:
We have a 9 week old mini dachshund puppy that we are housebreaking. Crate training is the way to go. We have used it before with great success. Google "crate training for dogs" and you'll find a lot of good advice on the best way to use the crate. As the tech at out vets says "the crate is your friend".
That's why I have cats. Much as I love dogs, they need a lot of training and attention. I was trying to figure out what the first picture was, never even came close to guessing it's a remote. Yikes!
Grumpy - I hope the crates work. So far, so good.
Cheyenne - I should have asked for the old one back and took it apart to see what was inside of it or let the dogs have their chew toy. Probably not a good idea, though.
Post a Comment