Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Follow up


It is a little unnerving to follow a loved one when they are still pretty new at driving. Not one of my favorite things to do.

My paper decided that they would not renew their contract with the establishment that provided the regular comics, puzzle, cryptoquip and other entertainment stuff. I promptly e-mailed them that I would be cancelling my subscription. I could read all that other fluff (I mean stuff) on line.

They e-mailed me back to say that they have reconsidered and thanked me for my e-mail. My beloved comics, puzzle etc.. will return promptly.

Yeah. (Peruby sticks out her chest). You got that right! You better listen to me.

Okay. Okay. It was a mass mailing e-mail and I was one of hundreds that complained.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Last year our paper downsized the comics and puzzles section but they had us fill out a poll first. All my favorites were kept. Except for one crossword puzzle; guess they felt two was a bit much. Love the Cryptoquote which I do every day. Anyway, recently Sears and a hearing aid company decided to sponsor the new puzzle page and now we have all the puzzles back again.

Ralph said...

Complaining is complaining. It got results - take credit, everyone else does.
Ralph