
Pond scene from fall 2008
My eyes are dry and scratchy. Been doing a lot of computer work and reading. I am currently reading "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Pretty good read.
Well, it's not a depression for everyone. My nephew just called to tell me that he and another nephew are heading for Vegas next week. One nephew is very interested in the solar convention there. Then a week of fun and adventure for the both of them. Sigh. Someday.
I am still gunning for Hawaii or where one brother wants to go - cruise through the Caribbeans.
For now I am keeping my purse strings tied up tight.
3 comments:
My husband and I are retired and our income is fixed...but our 401 savings have been cut in half and there is little chance that will be restored in a decade or so.
I'm also dying to go to Hawaii - but I heard everything these is VERY expensive, so even if you get a good deal on airfare and accomodations, food and water cost quite a bit...
Tabor - I have heard this a lot from others as well. It is awful.
JJ - I know. That's why I hope someday, someday. I would not want to go and not be able to enjoy the food.
Post a Comment