Thursday, October 09, 2008

Up to my ears in it

Today I read and provided some documentation on how to resolve DNS problems. Yeah, I had a headache. But it wasn't just from the dreary DOS CLI. From 8:00 to 10:00 I listened to my co-worker yak, yak, yak about her re-modeling her kitchen. More about the recipes she was reading out of a magazine. More on her new "date" last night.

"I got a kiss last night!" We are 48 and 44, not 18 and 14.

At around 10:00 she leaned around her desk to look at me. I position my monitor so she can't see me, or better so I cannot see her. "Did you know that broccoli has..."

That was it, I blew my gasket. "I'm trying to work here!"

"Oh!" and she hung her head. I heard some sniffling. But I got peace and quiet. For about an hour anyway. Good grief.

No comments: