Thursday, October 02, 2008

Not this year


Sigh. I am skipping so many things this year. Skipped a vacation over the summer. Skipped the county fair. Now I am skipping the October Fall Festival. Oh well. I have a big family wedding this week-end out of town. We could go to the festival tomorrow afternoon/evening but my daughter has put off shopping for new shoes every day this week. I am trying to get her butt in gear this evening, but no. I need to mow the grass and we need to go shopping. I have my clothes, but I always like to look and see if there is anything nicer out there, you know?

Anyway, I suppose that will leave us tomorrow evening running around trying to find her a comfortable pair of dress shoes. And my daughter wants to go and see a movie tomorrow night. I usually don't buy anything but a welcome sign for my door. Maybe some candles. It is the food and atmosphere that I enjoy. They have Indian dances and a colonial display of tents and outdoor fires. It is a colorful and aromatic adventure for the soul. One year I purchased a flute CD of Indian music, another year Celtic music with a hammer dulcimer.

No comments: