Monday, October 13, 2008

Geese


Across the lake is Canada... no, it isn't. It is still Ohio. There are just Canadian geese over there. Lots and lots of them. This was just one snapshot of the far side of the lake.

In the late 80's my brother and I rented a huge farm house in the middle of nowhere. There were two house on a long dirt lane. Our neighbor had geese. The big white ones. I was not and am not fond of geese. Mean critters. They attacked my car. They tried to attack me but I was having none of that. Purses come in handy. They were gone before my daughter arrived.

That story sounds like my brother and I were from a family of inbreds. No. His girlfriend was living with us and on any given week-end his kids were there from his previous marriage and her kid lived with us. When I had my daughter I moved out after 4 years. I had finally landed a decent job and matured enough to support she and I and create a home for the two of us.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

While I love the beauty of geese flying overhead in the fall, I am not fond of the calling cards they leave at the edge of lakes and on docks!

Cheyenne said...

My mother was a city girl and when she got married my father moved her to the boonies. Complete with ducks and geese. And an outhouse. One day my Mom was stuck in that outhouse because the meanest goose on the property wouldn't let her out. I think eventually my Dad helped her.

Carol said...

Oh you are so right about geese. I have many photographer friends who have been attacked by them. Mean, ugly things, those geese are.