"Well, Doc. It seemed like a real good idea at the time."I can see this photographer telling the emergency room doctor how he got hit by a car while standing on a ladder in the middle of a one way street in downtown. The nut.
I am still playing catch up. Washing clothes, fixing dinner, cleaning the kitchen. I got hit with a classic migraine at noon today. I got the visual auras. I have not had those in years! Maybe more than a decade if not twenty years. I've not started any new medicine. Out of the blue.
I immediately took my medicine (for migraine) and ran to McD's to get some salty french fries. I went home, put the sleep mask over my eyes and listened to the television while holding my cat. I took the rest of the afternoon off. I figured it wouldn't be long before I was feeling well enough to get up and do chores. It was over four hours before I felt like doing anything worthwhile.
By six p.m. I was washing clothes, cooking dinner, washing pots and pans, getting the garbage out and I am still going with laundry. My daughter and I both had a mountain to wash.
Last week I finished the book "The Mapmaker's Wife." It was very boring at first. It appears as if the author did his research very well and went on an on about how in the 1600's and 1700's they were measuring the earth's circumference, etc.. barely anything about the woman that represented the book title. Then it seems to have wrapped the story up quickly, like he ran out of time or something. Or, maybe because he started to write about her miraculous trip down the Amazon I was more interested and it seemed to go faster.
Last week I finished the book "The Mapmaker's Wife." It was very boring at first. It appears as if the author did his research very well and went on an on about how in the 1600's and 1700's they were measuring the earth's circumference, etc.. barely anything about the woman that represented the book title. Then it seems to have wrapped the story up quickly, like he ran out of time or something. Or, maybe because he started to write about her miraculous trip down the Amazon I was more interested and it seemed to go faster.
I can't even tell you how horrifying her trip must have been. She started out being carried like a princess and ended up wondering around by herself in the Amazon territory infested by army ants, and bugs that dug down into her skin and scalp (may be chigoe fleas), bats that actually crept up at night and sucked their blood (so says the author), and billions of merciless blood-sucking mosquitoes, jaguars, who knows what kind of fish and of course the dreaded anaconda. (Shutter).
I am relieved to say that the next book I am currently reading is funny and has me laughing until I cry. It is William Shatner's "Up Till Now." He may have been arrogant and hard to work with but this book is great.
2 comments:
Seems like a lot of people (including me) are playing catch up.
Okay, I'll ask - why is he on a ladder in the center of the street?
Ralph
He was there to get pictures of the wedding party and guests after the ceremony. He did have a security guard (a.k.a. keystone cop) standing to the left of him to detour the oncoming traffic, but gee whiz.
Post a Comment