Wednesday, April 01, 2026

What I am reading these days


 I don't recall why I chose to read Liza Minelli's autobiography "Kids Wait Till You Hear This". I will probably finish it this week.  I watched Cabaret 1972. I had never seen it. In fact the only exposure I've had to Liza was from the 1981 movie "Arthur".  Not a fan.  I don't dislike her.  Just not my genre.  I DO admire her.

I just recently read Kitty Kelley's "Oprah",  a Tim Curry memoir and another from Priscilla Presley.  And one by Jean Kennedy Smith of her growing up a Kennedy.

Sister 1944 asked me if anybody got sick after our family party on March 21st.  Our oldest brother 1942 has Covid.  I said "I did".  But, my symptoms sounded like the flu.  Then I read the Covid symptoms. I hit 7 out of 8.  I guess I'll have to scrounge up a Covid test somewhere.  I used to get them free from USPS but the government put a stop to that.  

It's funny.  I never even think of or consider Covid until I hear somebody mention it.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

These days, my work hours make reading a luxury.

All it takes is one person with no symptoms but just the start of whatever-it-is to be at the party, and boom. I pray you feel better soon, all of you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

did you like all those books. Always looking to read autobiographies.

Peruby said...

Most of them, I think. I usually pick celebrities that I already like. One did kind of rub me the wrong way - Matthew McConaughey. He came off sounding like a self-serving asshole. But then I've heard some pretty good things about the guy - so, who knows? It was an "auto"biography, too!