Monday, April 13, 2026

Progress


A day spent fighting with the telephone system, receptionists, correspondents, banking issues, card getting compromised (AGAIN!), scheduling vet appointments, hair appointments, medical issues.  I told my daughter I think there would be a market for people who went around as assistants and did a family's phone business for them.  Vehicles, insurance, medical appointments, banking hassles.  To wait and wait until somebody is able to take your call and when they do get a live human, their foreign accent is so thick you have to ask them over and over again what they said or asked and finally I just say "spell it!"

I have a feeling it isn't going to get much better.

A friend told me I should start a business up for that.  Ha!  I have no patience for this crap any more.  I put this kind of thing off for so long (making phone calls and getting things straightened out).  It is such a pain and a headache!  It ruins my day.  Besides, I'm fairly sure there would be a privacy issue.

I have to laugh.  I have worked with computers since 1980.  I retired last year.  We upgraded our Internet speed and the two new routers came.  I opened both boxes, took them out, set everything on a table and told my daughter to deal with it when she got home.  I HATE technology so much now. I can barely keep my own computer running.  That is how sick and tired I am of technology.  I was setting up Microsoft DOS long before Windows.  Before that I was using dumb terminals with a main frame.  I was there when you couldn't have a hard drive over 32 MB.  I hated Windows when it came out.  I am a command line operator.  Or, was.

I really, really have to psyche myself up to deal with calling places and working with representatives, now.  Torture!

1 comment:

messymimi said...

All the improvements don’t improve anything, do they.