Tuesday, April 14, 2026

How many tickets do you have to create ?


I lost it on a poor helpdesk lady today.  We'd been playing phone tag back and forth.  I used to get my checking account bank balance sent to me in my e-mail every day and I would check it and look at my running register to make sure all was kosher.  This helped me out when my card was compromised a little over a year ago, I caught it right away and called the bank and got it taken care of.

For some reason my notifications stopped on March 25th.  I have been back and forth with my bank since then.  I have written down every day of correspondence between me and them.  I spoke to Ernest (I wonder if they get to pick their names) last week and I thought for sure when Alice called me today it was going to get fixed.  About the time Alice said she needed to create a ticket, I lost it.  This was the third time they were creating a ticket.  My other tickets never got picked up and I had to keep calling back and they would start all over and create a ticket, etc...  I went off on poor Alice.  It could have been because I had just completed my taxes. I retired last year and I have never (in my 50 years of working) owed anything to the IRS at the end of the year.  I did this year.  Yuck.  Sigh.  I'm sorry, Alice. You got the brunt of it.  She took it well.

Had my notifications been working properly I would have noticed on Friday the 10th that my balance was hinky.  As it is, on Monday I thought I better log into my bank and check things since I am no longer getting updates.  Sure enough.  My card had been compromised - AGAIN.  Now, I am going through the hassle of checking to see where I need to enter my new card number online.  I was able to pay the IRS using my bank account and did not need a card.  My daughter said I could user hers, but I did not need to.  I could have easily sent the money right back to her from my bank account using Venmo.  Kind of a pain when you don't have a bank card.  When I called them Monday morning, they offered to let me get a card immediately by going to a bank in town; but not thinking, I said nah - just mail it to me (7 to 10 days).  What was I thinking?!  I have things coming up. I'll have to get cash out.

And I am going through an Internet upgrade - and even though the provider said the job was complete, we were not seeing the faster speed.   Online chats, and more phone calls back and forth with their tech support.  And there was a medical issue that I was trying to straighten out to get them to change my insurance to Aetna Medicare.  More time spent dealing with an automated answering device until I could speak to a real person.  My tolerance was dissipating fast.

So.  By the time I got poor Alice this morning and when she said "create another ticket" that was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Sometimes I don't remember everything when I get angry.  It comes back in snatches.  I do recall saying  "I have been with this bank for 31 years..."  and "I want this fixed" and "I have been patient".   Sigh.  Well, Alice if it makes you feel any better I feel like a heel.  

I will not call them again.  If they call back and get it fixed, fine.  I'll move on.  If they do not call back, I will be going to my bank and withdrawing my money and moving it to another.  Wait...all that updating !!  I'll have to think hard on this.  Oh, I didn't relay this part.  I could not understand why I would see where the bank was trying to call me but I never heard my phone ring.  (I rarely get phone calls, my friends and family all text).  Come to find out my ringer was turned off.  This has happened before and I don't know how in the hell it is happening.  And I am much too tired and fried to figure it out.  And my daughter's bank card expires this month and she said she must have thrown the new card away as she doesn't have it and they said they sent it.  Fortunately her card is good until the end of the month and I can reach out to her if I need to.  

This is driving me crazy.  Perhaps it is driving us all crazy.  Things are not simple any longer.  With all this security - I won't even go there!  And I worked in technology so I understand why we need this security but I was saying it takes so long to log in anywhere anymore we spend more time on fixing and resubmitting and updating our security information than we do on the actual work or tasks we are trying to do.
 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

A lot of things just aren't fun any longer.

I hope it all gets straightened out.