We normally get two sets of eggs a year in a bush outside my kitchen back porch. I didn't even know that robins lay eggs twice a season. Last year we had a baby bird that was having difficulty flying and my daughter was able to put him back in the nest. I'm not sure what happened to him after that but we didn't see or hear him any more after that.
My bank. Sigh. I called yesterday to ask them why the charges remained on my account after I called about this on Monday the 13th. I told her on Monday the rep told me they could not do anything when the charges were in the pending stage. I knew that because this happened a year ago. A year ago I never had to follow up. PNC removed the three charges on my account and we all went on our merry way. When I called yesterday the rep told me that no, it was not being contested, that it was up to me to call in and refute them. I said I thought I did that on Monday! No, I guess not. Then she kept asking me all kinds of questions trying to trip me up I guess and admit that I made those charges. Maybe they have to do that. Well, maybe their policy changed since last year but this was too much for me. I opened an account with a new bank online yesterday and am beginning the move over. What a wonderful world we live in that it has come to this.
Then I checked the infamous store that sells hand soap. I have been waiting to late April for the sale to begin. I always make a large purchase when they are on sale. I never pay more than $3 for a bottle of their hand soap. Their max limit was 24 and I did not have a debit card! Arrgghh! The sale will be over by the time I get my card. Oh wait. I saw the Venmo was an option and Venmo uses my bank account number. I chose Venmo and it brought up a bar code, I got my phone out, opened Venmo and scanned the bar code on the screen. My phone accepted it and I got the sit and spin. All night. The app just showed a spinning arrow going around in a circle for hours. I kept checking my cart and the sale was not completed but it said the payment method was Venmo. It did not let me move forward and I was unable to try and re-choose Venmo option now.
I called their customer support this morning. Germaine was wonderful. He created a ticket and he told me when I got my card to call back and give them that ticket number and use my new card and if the sale is over they will honor the sale price for me. He was just wonderful. Now, it might be an entirely different story when I call them back in a few days but at least as of now it is promising.
But, I can rarely get anything done without connecting to a human being. I always run into some sort of snag that cannot be handled by the automation process. And it takes so damn long. My head starts hurting and my blood pressure begins to rise.
My great nephew was injured in a school sport activity Friday evening. My sister (his grandmother) said she was hoping he would stop football due to all the head injuries that these young people receive during this contact sport. This injury happened while he was playing La Crosse. The hospital sent him on to another hospital and they monitored him overnight. They said that two vertebrae were affected and he was released the next day.

1 comment:
I hope all the eggs hatch and thrive.
As big a hassle as it is, I do hope the move to the new bank goes well and they give you better service.
Post a Comment