Growing up in the 60s and 70s my Mom had a drawer full of silky scarves. When I was younger, my girlfriends and I would wear them and pretend we were older, sophisticated ladies about town. I don't recall wearing them in my teens. I've heard they are making a comeback.
When I lost all my hair, I wore the gypsy-style ones. I knew I was not going to wear a wig. I despise wearing a wig.
The head scarf protected your hair from the wind and the rain. There were the thinner ones - maybe a nylon fabric?

2 comments:
I do remember seeing them, but I only remember my mom in one once in a while when I was very young. I don't remember playing with them and can't see myself wearing them now, but if others want to, I say go for it.
Oh my mom wore these all the time in the 60s. I never did . She even wore them over her "curlers" as she called them. Thx for that memory :-)
Post a Comment