Sunday, August 24, 2014
Trepidation
Quite a few school districts are issuing devices to students in a 1:1 enterprise. As you can imagine, they would like the devices to connect to the Internet through the filter at the school when taken home or off the school premises.
I was finally successful in getting our pilot school to do this. They were extremely happy and sent home iP@ds with a lot of students.
A couple of days later I was looking over the settings to ensure all was working as it should and I saw the "search queries" report.
With "trepidation" I opened the report to see what it was the students were searching for after hours.
The heavens opened, bells rang in all the churches as I read "My Little Pony"!
I nearly jumped for joy. I did in fact run and tell some of my co-workers that I have shared stories with. The ones about p0rn etc...
I wanted to be Julie Andrews and twirl and sing! I was so relieved.
Now, whether or not it stays that way - who knows?
*Note: I am also thinking that the age group the district assigned the iP@ds to was very elementary, and could be why the search query was so innocent. But, I'll take it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Relief I am sure. Technology is such a good and bad thing for our children these days.
Good on you. Sometime from such a small splash a mighty sea is opened up (so I hear). Cheers.
Those are the good searches! Let's hope it stays that way.
Oh, there is hope after all. Very cute.
Haha! Fantastic! :)
Post a Comment