Thursday, August 28, 2014

Who knew?


Well, now I do and you do, too. Who knew that My Little Pony had a sex p0rn site? In fact it seems to be rather popular by my first quick glance. After one glance I closed the browser and heaved a sigh of defeat.

I was flying high thinking those little dumplings were pure and magical and still played with colorful, innocent toys.

The filter's suspicious search reports have quadrupled in size now that school has started. Sure, a lot of it is "to kill a mocking bird" and "dick's sporting goods" - during school hours. A few are brave and search for more adult themed sites,  but now that they have their own devices and take them home, the searches are filling up my filter's report log fast and furious with their ugly searches.

The school does not have them set up to authenticate by name. In fact on my main report they all come through as one IP address but there are thousands of searches for the unsavory subjects.

If I log in as the district, I can see what provider is connected to the searches but that is pointless. They are all in the same district - they all use pretty much the same provider.

So, everything is anonymous. And by searching, it does not mean they are actually getting to the site. It just means they tried to look up possible sites to try.  Hopefully, the filter is holding fast and blocking what it is supposed to.

So, there you have it. My Little Pony is not so innocent any longer. I'm not even going to tell you what they do with Gummy Bears. I just don't have the heart.


5 comments:

kden said...

I am now officially crushed...

Tabor said...

This is really depressing. How on earth can we keep our children on the right track when there is so much out there trying to pull them away?

messymimi said...

If i understand, the people who create the shows don't condone this stuff, but it's still very disturbing.

bill said...

Take heart. In Georgia they can get a gun from vending machines. Sometime I athink we live in America the Stupid.

Peruby said...

There is a vending machine that shows guns in a display case and informs people that this is how easy it is to get a gun in South Africa.

Any money you put in the machine goes to gun control or gun-free society...

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/07/11/20-brilliant-advertising-ideas/