Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays


It was not my choice to hold a training session on a Monday morning. I am the kind of person who believes folks should ease into Monday with nothing on their schedule. Keep Mondays open so that we can ease back into the work week. Nothing to jar the system.

Alas, somebody picked Monday morning for the training and I obliged. And it rained. My God - it rained. Driving the interstate was dicey. Although I did not see anybody pulled over, I considered it. Sometimes that is more dangerous than just staying the course. A steady, keep the same speed course.

Then  you have the folks in the left lane who pass you, but they must be nervous because their vehicle is way over the line on YOUR side. Please people!

Anyway, I had my filter training Monday morning. I stopped to get donuts for the crew. 15 of them. You can't really hold an umbrella and three dozen donuts, you know. My beautiful hair-do was ruined. I do have a jacket with a hood, but it also happened to be very muggy and warm. I tried.

At times the folks in the class looked like the picture above. No more Monday morning trainings if I can help it.

4 comments:

messymimi said...

Training should be on Tuesday. Tell them it's easier to remember "Training Tuesdays"!

Sorry you got soaked, and i hope they were appreciative that they got donuts at the expense of your drubbing.

Celia said...

Eek Glad you made it safely to work through the storm. Lovely of you to bring treats.

bill said...

I spent my working life having a dislike for Mondays. Now I ask, "What day is this?" My roommate will say, "go back to sleep, it doesn't matter' you're retired. I'll think, 'I'll bet it's Monday, I'll sleep in.'

Kat said...

Monday morning meetings are the WORST! And then rainy too! Dark, rainy days make me extra tired. Ugh.

The donuts HAD to help though. ;)