Sunday, August 10, 2014

The blueberries have it

This is the banana bread recipe I have been making for years. It is in my Pillsbury cookbook. As you can see this is one of the pages that looks a bit used. I copied the recipe to the back of an old used envelope so I would not have to haul this old cookbook out any more. The pages are delicate and beginning to come out.

I (re) use old envelopes from the mail for shopping lists, to do lists, notes and recipes.

I only began adding blueberries to this recipe a couple of months ago. Today I tried strawberries.

Nah. We voted, blueberries are the best with this.

No nuts in the house. Well, no edible English walnuts in the house. Wink, wink.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Blueberries are my favorite in banana bread too. Yum.

messymimi said...

The vote here is for blueberries. And pecans, because we have so many pecan trees here.

Arkansas Patti said...

Nuts everywhere in my house. May try that recipe as I just happen to have all the ingredients.